Three Tasty Summer Recipes for Braces

Three Tasty Summer Recipes for Braces

After receiving your braces, you’ll be instructed on certain foods that should be avoided and others that are great additions to your new diet. Here’s a list of three tasty, summer recipes that are all braces-friendly.

Peppermint Lemonade

Lemonade is a staple of summertime. After spending some time out in the sun, this is one of the best ways to get cool and relax. This peppermint lemonade recipe is a great spin on a tasty classic.

Ingredients

  • One fresh lemon
  • 1.25 cups of white sugar
  • 0.5 cup of mint leaves
  • 12 oz. of lemonade concentrate

Directions

Start by pouring the thawed concentrate into a cooler or pitcher, with a spout. Pour in sufficient water to make one gallon. Grate the lemon to add some zest to the solution in the pitcher. Next, squeeze the rest of the juice from the lemon into the mixture. Crush the leaves of mint in a tiny bowl and mix in some sugar with a wooden spoon. Add this to the lemonade and allow it to chill for many hours. Don’t forget to strain out the zest and leaves before serving over ice.

Pasta Fredda

This is an excellent dish for pasta and vegetable lovers alike. It’s healthy, vegetarian, and tasty.

Ingredients

  • 1.5 teaspoons of oregano leaves
  • Six basil leaves
  • Two tablespoons of olive oil
  • 0.75 cup of black olives
  • 7 oz. of small mozzarella cheese balls
  • 20 halved cherry tomatoes
  • 8 oz. of bow tie noodles

Directions

Bring a pot of salted water to a decent boil. Allow the bow-tie noodles to sit in the boiling water until they are cooked with a little bit of firmness. This should take around 12 minutes. Drain the water and allow the noodles to cool down. Combine the olives, basil, oregano, olive oil, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese into the pasta and mix it all up.

Chicken Enchiladas

This meal is a great way to spice things up for dinner or lunch this summer. With a host of tasty ingredients, this is a recipe you’ll be coming back to time and time again.

Ingredients

  • 0.25 cup of milk
  • 6 flour tortillas
  • 1 cup of shredded cheese
  • 1.5 cups of cooked chicken breast in cubes
  • 0.5 cup of sour cream
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can of diced chilis
  • 0.5 teaspoon of garlic powder
  • 0.5 cup of chopped onions
  • 1 tablespoon of butter

Directions

Preheat your oven to around 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the baking dish lightly before proceeding. Melt some butter to saute the green onions in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir in garlic powder, cream of mushroom soup, and sour cream. Keep about 75% of the sauce left over. Add the shredded cheese and chicken to the remaining 25%, and stir together. Place the chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll them up. Make sure to place the side with the seams face down to bake in the dish. Combine the rest of the sauce with milk, and spoon the mixture over the tortillas. Place the shredded cheese on top. Bake the tortillas in the oven for around 30 minutes. You can take them out when the cheese begins to bubble.

Contact Us Today!

If you’re searching for a reputable orthodontist in your area, feel free to complete our form below to schedule a complimentary consultation. You can even contact us by phone if you have particular questions about our services. Feel free to leave a message if you’re calling outside of working hours. We look forward to hearing from you!

Previous Post
Summer Survival Guide for Braces
Next Post
Why Protect Your Braces When Playing Sports?
Menu